skip navigation
- EXPIRED -

LCYAHL 2020-21 Refund Policy

By Larry Courville, 06/17/20, 7:45AM EDT

Share

The purpose of this article is to address how the LCYAHL plans to refund tuition fees should the possibility of a shortened or canceled hockey season arise. While recognizing that not all scenarios can be foreseen, the aim is to have a refund policy that is fair to our members and simple in nature based on available information. The refund policy is based on the length of the season in weeks as defined in the Lancaster Firebirds Travel Hockey Brochure. Two assumptions were made in developing this policy:

· Players will receive all parts of the team development package each week; and

· Any shortfall in games due to a shortened DVHL schedule would be made up with non-league games.

Tuition Refund Formula (Except 8U)

Tuition is based on a 28-week season and will be refunded at 3.5% for each week canceled up to a total of 98% (3.5 x 28 weeks). The remaining 2% of tuition will be retained to help defray the included cost of three sets of socks which are ordered well in advance of the season. The 2% retained fee for each age level is: 10U-$33.20, 12U-$36.00, 14U-$37.50, 16U-$40.50 and 18U-$35.00.

Tuition Refund Formula – 8U

Tuition is based on a 24-week season and will be refunded at 4% for each week canceled. The remaining 4% ($34) will be retained to help defray the cost of three sets of socks.

Fundraising Fee

The $150 fundraising fee will be retained by the LCYAHL regardless of the duration of the season. The raffle will be held as in past years with each family receiving raffle tickets with the choice of retaining them or selling them to recoup the $150.